Thursday, October 13, 2011

Baby C

If you follow my blog regularly, it's generally filled with positive quotes, fun happy pics and the ever-evolving epic stories of my hair problems and love life!  This blog is a reflection of a big change that has occurred in my life.  I won't be able to give details or names, or describe fully how one little bundle has changed my life forever . . . but i'm hoping it may influence someone else to try to make a change in a child's life.  Last week, one of my life-long friends called me for help to rescue a neglected newborn baby.  As simple as it may sound (to prove someone is an un-fit mother) it is surprisingly a huge challenge.  "Baby C" (as she will be called) is a gorgeous, one-month old, newborn baby who has been born into a very sad, neglected situation and we are making every effort we can to save her.  We took her initially, tried not to spoil her rotten at Babies 'R Us, gave her a warm bath, lots of yummy bottles, and a warm bed to rest her head.

Unfortunately at this point, her mother has her once again.  We are doing everything we can legally to make sure this baby returns to us safely and her mother is reprimanded for actions that are just incomprehensible.

I've never had a baby of my own, and i've heard you cannot love something as much as you will until you do.  In the last week, i have realized I completely disagree with this opinion.  I did not give birth to Baby C, but I have realized how clothes and nail appointments and even sill boy drama gets thrown out the window when you discover a baby you love so much.  So I am going to do everything in my power to make sure she stays happy and healthy for as long as I can.  If you are reading this, please say as many special prayers as you can to make sure Baby C gets all the help and love that she deserves.

And now, in an effort to believe that there is a wonderful God and that Baby C is going to be happy and healthy (and of course, completely spoiled by yours truly), I am attaching some of the beautiful, fun, girly things that she will be getting when she's back with us safe!  I am not rich by any means, and my house is, let's just say, humble.  But she will have all the love and attention and girly stuff that she completely deserves!














So, here's to you, sweet, Baby C and to having your little beautiful girly self back in our arms soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment