Friday, July 8, 2011

Shower Sanctuary

If there's one thing i'm learning about decorating my new home, it's that I love so many different things it's hard to narrow down what I actually want to buy!  Should I do shabby cottage-ish or stick with the basics and add my favorite New Orleans art pieces.  It's really a matter of figuring out how to merge the two!

My first project is painting.  I love the neutral khaki color of the walls but have chosen to re-paint the crown molding a bright white instead of the creamy color they currently are!  The first room I decided to tackle was the bathroom since it's the smallest.  While I watch a ton of HGTV i'm finding that watching people renovate and actually doing it are two entirely different things!  That being said, my first purchase was a new shower curtain.  While the space is really small and I needed to keep it light, I found this adorable ruffle trim number from West Elm that adds a perfect touch of girly-ness with a light linen summery feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment